|Primary study on effect of crude extracts from the leaves of papaya (Carica papaya) on antibacteria capacity of mice wound in vitro and ex vitro”. – Trần Khánh Nguyên, Đổng Thành Long, Lê Chiếu Anh Thư
“Evaluation of antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal activity of eggplant peels extracts by using microwave”. – Nguyễn Nhật Tân, Hoàng Thị Ngọc Phấn, Nguyễn Thị Thủy Tiên
“Initial study on effect of incubation conditions on Oleoresin and Piperine content of black pepper (Piper nigrum L.)” – Hứa Minh Quân, Đinh Huỳnh Mộng Thi, Trần Thị Thảo Nhi.
Holcim Prize 2015
Nguyễn Phan Hoàng Phúc, Biotechnology student of Applied Sciences Faculty, Tôn Đức Thắng University – won the Holcim Prize 2015 in Environmental protection areas with project “Improved productivity and quality of abalone mushrooms (Pleurotus ostreatus) by growing on used coffee grounds at JSC Biotechnology Mushrooms Vietnam, Phu Hoa Dong Commune, Cu Chi District, Ho Chi Minh City”.
About Holcim Prize
Launched in 2009, the Holcim Prize honours university students for contributions to sustainable development in 3 areas: Community development, Environmental protection and Sustainable construction. The prize is a platform for students to get practical mindset and practices of sustainable development through environment protection, sustainable construction & community development-theme based research & application.
Students in their third year and above at leading universities in Vietnam with partnership with Holcim Vietnam will compete for prizes by submitting research projects that can be applied in the real world.
The Holcim Prize competition not only rewards innovative ideas but also offers opportunities for real-world application. By doing this, students are challenged in practical ways by the “triple bottom line” of economic value, environmental performance and societal contribution.
The idea “ Improving the instrument to classify litter – 3-part revolving trashcan – the 3R-W system” got the first prize at the Creative Youth Contest of Ho Chi Minh city in 2010. This idea is performed by Truong Huong Giang, Nguyen Pham Quynh Anh and Tran Thi Diem Chau who come from Applied Science Department.
|In 2010-2011, we have some achievements of “Science Researching for Students” contest.
• Topic “ Grow a culture of in-vitro plant for decorating” – by Tran Cong Phuc and Van Thi Que Phuong; got the first prize at university level.
• Topic “ Research about cellulose of bacteria to apply in growing mushroom”- by Vo Minh Quy and Pham Thi Diem; got the second prize at university level.
• Topic “ Create an electrode to select anion I-, which help define vitamin C content in orange and lemon”- by Vo Thi Thuy Trang; got the third prize at university level.
The result of “Science Researching for Students” contest in 2011-2012:
• Topic “ Research a miraculous bottled green tea process”- by Bui Duc Phuc, Lai Nguyen Tuan Tai and Nguyen Bui Minh Tam; got the second prize at university level.
• Topic “ The use of Hibiscus subdariffla L. survey the ability to reduce cholesteron in blood and lose weight in white mouse ”- by Vo Thuy Trang, Le Huynh Uyen Huong and Tran Thi Kim Huong; got the third prize at university level.
• Topic “ Combine houblon and Morinda citrifolia Linn to make a new aromatic flavour for beer” – by Ta Thi Thuy Dung, Tran Tan Phuoc and Phan Duc Toan; got the encouraging prize at university level.
• Topic “ Research the antibacterial ability of cinnamon essential oil to apply in food package”- by Tran Thi Van Anh, Tran Le Khanh and Bui Thanh Tam; got the encouraging prize at university level.